In the course of our business, we may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you or your authorized representative on applications, forms and in other communications to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone or any other means.
• Information about your transactions we secure from our files, our affiliates, or others.
• Information that we receive from others involved in your transaction, such as the real estate agent, attorney, or lender.
• Information we receive from your internet websites.
• Information we receive from the public records maintained by governmental entities that we either obtain directly from those entities, or from our affiliates or others.
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency. Use of Information
We request information from you for our own legitimate business purposes and not for the benefit of any nonaffiliated party. Therefore, we will not release your information to nonaffiliated parties except; (1) as necessary for us to provide the product or service you have requested of us; (2) as permitted by law. We may disclose your nonpublic personal information with our affiliates, such as insurance companies, underwriters and other real estate transaction service providers. We also may disclose nonpublic personal information to:
• Agents, brokers or representatives to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure in connection with an insurance transaction.
• Third-party contractors or service providers who provide services or other functions on our behalf.
• Insurance regulatory authority, or any law enforcement or other governmental authority, in a civil action, in connection with a subpoena or governmental investigation. And to the internal revenue service for reporting purposes.
• Lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an encumbrance or an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid or released prior to a title or escrow closing.
• Others with whom we enter into joint marketing agreements for products or services that we believe you may find of interest.
In addition, we will disclose your nonpublic personal information when you direct or give us permission, when we are required by law to do so, or when we suspect fraudulent or criminal activities. We also may disclose your nonpublic personal information when otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws such as, for example, when disclosure is needed to enforce our rights arising out of any agreement, transaction or relationship with you. One of the important responsibilities of some of our affiliated companies is to record documents in the public domain. Such documents may contain your personal information.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you with anyone for any purpose that is not specifically permitted by law. Former Customers
Michigan Title Insurance Agency, Inc. is committed to protecting consumer privacy online. We believe greater protection of personal privacy on the Web will not only protect consumers, but also increase consumer confidence and ultimately their participation in online activities. The purpose of this section is to inform you of the information we gather about you when you visit our site, how we may use that information, whether we disclose it to anyone, and the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct, the information.
We may perform statistical analyses of aggregate user behavior. This allows us to measure relative consumer interest in the various areas of our Web sites for product development purposes. Any information we collect is used for our own internal purposes to improve the content of the Web sites, to enhance users' experiences when visiting our site, to customize the content and/or layout of our pages, and to provide the services required by an individual user. We do not use personal identifying information for any reason not disclosed either in this policy or at the time the information is requested. We never send e-mail to you unless you request a particular service, or consent to being contacted by e-mail. Disclosure to Third Parties
Michigan Title Insurance Agency, Inc., in continually trying to improve its services, in the future may expand its capabilities for obtaining information.
Michigan Title Insurance Agency, Inc.
9333 Telegraph Road, Suite 100
Taylor, Michigan 48180
Attention: Administrative Department